Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pictures from the 3rd Field Study

Pictures from field study number 3! :D


We went to the market the day before


First time in the bus!


Back to the Mount of Olives to look over Jerusalem


Ancient tomb site


Inside of tomb


There was a back “room” in this tomb site, where the
ossuaries, or bone boxes, would be placed to make room for
other dead bodies. So this is inside of this room


Down to another area to store ossuaries. Filled with trash…


First view of the Wilderness!


The Mount of Olives was crowded.


Beauty


Close up of the white tombs on the Mount of Olives


Ossuaries, or bone boxes


More bone boxes. How would you like your bones to get stored in one of these?


Close up of bone box


O, Jerusalem, Jerusalem, hear Yeshua cry.
How he longed to gather you to him, but you were not willing.


Closer up of the Russian Orthodox Church we saw in the distance last time


Yes! I was there! Proof! :D


Beautiful columns in the Garden of Gethsemane Church


For the Whovians out there, I noticed this sign and immediately
thought, “SILENCE WILL FALL.” Hehe


Beautiful stained glass windows


The ceiling inside


Cool cactus plant


Dad, it’s prickly pear! Well, maybe not, but it sure reminded me of prickly pear.


Neat view. I think that we were looking at Jerusalem from
a place close to the Herodium, but I can’t remember exactly.
I do remember standing up where I probably shouldn’t
have in order to get a good view… *whistles innocently*



View from on top of Herodium


Aw. Ashley and I.


The story: Before this picture, I was coming up to Ashley
and gently ramming her to the side. All in good play.
Well, she did this RIGHT before this picture.
This picture captured the essence of what happened.
Heh. Serves me right.


Someone else took this picture, and the following two as well.
I was pretending to be a gargoyle



We all got on top the columns and had some fun


Tada!

Ashley and Faith being awesome.

Already showed this one. Faith at Ramat Rachel.
End of the day. Finally. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment