Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Things I love and things I miss

So... I did intend to write more often than this. Two and a half weeks is horrible. But, I have reasons for being quiet. Midterms. Yup. I've had once a week for the past three-four weeks. I have four classes. The fourth midterm is tomorrow. So instead of studying for it or Hebrew, I'm procrastinating. <_< But, it's only... oops. It's almost 9pm. So I'll try to make this quick, and go back to studying for Rabbinical Thought and Hebrew.

I've been here for almost 9 weeks now, and there are about 6 weeks to go before I'm home. But 6 weeks does not seem like that long. This weekend, I have a field study in Galilee from Saturday to Tuesday. Next weekend I have off. The weekend after that I have a field study in Jordan from Thursday to Sunday. Weekend after that is off. The week after that is midterms, and then I have a week to finish enjoying Israel before I go home.

Aaaahhh!

But it is late October, and I realize that I miss things from home. Things like...
  • My family
  • My friends
  • Pumpkin
  • Chocolate
  • The crispness of fall
  • Changing leaves
  • In general, fall-type stuff
There are other things to be sure, but right now I'm really missing the pumpkin. I cannot wait to get home and eat pumpkin pie, and I really want pumpkin cookies right now. My mouth waters at the prospect...

But, there are things I really love here. Things like...
  • The new friends here, the friendships that I pray will last a lifetime after three short months of adventures
  • Adventures
  • Schwarma
  • The beautiful Jerusalem skyline
  • The warm days and cool evenings
  • Pita
  • Everyone here would groan at this, but I love bus lunches. It's usually pita with either tuna (with olives), egg salad (with olives) or turkey and cheese. I love them all. And chocolate spread on pita is DELICIOUS.
  • Being able to keep my window open all the time
  • Being able to walk down the hallway to be on the roof, to look over the beautiful Jerusalem skyline
 One of the things that I LOVE to do at night is to go and sit on the roof, look over the city, and talk with God. During the day, I go out to the garden, but I love sitting on the roof and looking out over everything.

It's getting close to nine, so I'm going to wrap up, get a snack, and then get to work!

Laila tov!
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment